Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas is Coming!!

We are just a few days from December and I am EXCITED to say the least.

I love the traditions that we have every year:

Decorating the house on Dec 1st
Christmas shopping
The Santa Claus Parade
Reece's Birthday
Doing Christmas baking
Christmas shopping
Christmas cocktails
Packing up the kids and heading up to Stewarts Tree Farm to choose and cut down our own tree
Decorating the tree
Christmas shopping
Christmas cocktails
Making a gingerbread house
Cleaning the house for guests
Christmas shopping
Wrapping presents
Christmas cocktails
Driving around looking at Christmas lights
Christmas cocktails
Christmas cocktails
Hehehe
Getting together with family for some awesome times :)

This year we are doing a few new things which I am excited about:

  • I will be cooking a Christmas dinner for my dad and his wife and my 2 step-bro's, we usually go to their house
  • There is a movie night at the kids school on Reece's birthday showing classic Christmas movies
  • White Christmas is playing on the big screen, so we will check that out
  • Celebrating the marriage of one of my oldest friends to an amazing lady!


    There is so much this time of year to be thankful for. We are so privileged to be able to enjoy our families (most of them at least) and have so many to celebrate with. I know a lot of us have our differences but we seem to be able to work through them better this time of year. I am always most thankful for a warm house to sleep in (even if it is a disturbed sleep often), food to eat, friends to love and family who care. Not everyone has those things.

    I love Christmas Eve with my family. Reading the Christmas story from the Bible and the story of the first Candy Cane. All the amazing food Grandma makes and the family together to enjoy each other.

But my most favorite part of Christmas is watching the kids on Christmas morning when they open their presents. How they smile and their eyes light up, the shrieks of joy and then they disappear, lol.

Hubby and I get a little time to ourselves and then we are all getting ready to head to  Christmas breakfast (this year it will be at Grandma Jo's, my mom-in-law). A great time is had there with Mimosa's and the amazing spread she puts out. We chill there for a while before heading home.

Next comes Christmas dinner at another location (this year at Uncle David and Aunt Liz's house). The kids get to play with their cousins and we get to spend more time with family. I am bringing dessert :)

Boxing day usually includes my dad and his family, and this year I get to cook for them as the boys have never been to our house. I am super excited for this part. I have never cooked Christmas dinner before, so its something else I get to look forward to.

I just really love this time of year!!

Click on the link to hear Bing Crosby "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas"


MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment