Monday, December 12, 2011

Okay, so I forgot

I know I was supposed to be doing a blog daily, but hey, its the Christmas Season and we all get busy. So here is the breakdown on my fabulous Christmassy weekend.

Friday: after dropping the kids off at school, I ran to my office and helped to bag and count all the Blanket, Coat, etc donations that the Realtors gathered for the annual Blanket drive. When that was all done, I ran home, and got ready for my tattoo appointment.
Thats' right, I am now a branded woman. I am officially a badger.
Well, it got finished just in time to go pick up the kids from school. We grabbed a Booster Juice to keep our energy up and did a little running around.

After a little relaxing time at home, I took the kids to my mom-in-laws for the night as it was the evening of my work Christmas Party. I got home and hubby and I got ready and walked to the restaurant. It was a cold night, but a nice walk.

Dinner was fabulous! Go check out this place. Garrison Bistro.

Saturday: In the morning, hubby and I went out for a nice quiet breakfast alone. We met up with the rest of the in-laws afterwards to head to Stewarts Tree Farm to pick our Christmas Tree. We stomped around up there for the better part of 2 hours and came home with a fabulous tree. After a simple lunch of grilled cheese and veggies with dip we proceeded to decorate the house. It now looks like Christmas threw up all over it. I just love Christmas!!!

Seeing as we didn't have a chance to celebrate Reece's birthday with his Grandma Jo we all met at the Chillibowl and had a blast there before going for dinner at Mr.Mikes. Again, yummy food.

We took the kids home and hubby helped them use Reece's new gift, Dr.Dreadful Zombie Lab. See below:

Soon after this was taken, they also drank Zombie barf. Now, I know what you're thinking. "What does this have anything to do with Christmas?" Nothing at all except maybe the hat Syd is wearing.

We move on to Sunday: I got up and ran to the store to get all the stuff for eggs benny for the family and ended up getting a Turkey as well (free with points! Yay!)  Got home, fed the family, had a yummy Golden French Toast coffee from the Keurig and got ready to go out.

We all went to the Colossus in Langley to catch a showing of "White Christmas". Its definitely in my top 5 Christmas movies, so it was a real treat. Sitting next to my son hearing his running commentary made it even better.

It was a pleasure to have the inlaws join us for stew for dinner and a few Christmas specials on TV.

Once we got the kids into bed and hubby and I were just sitting on the couch, we decided to go out and take advantage of the extended hours that some stores are offering and get our Christmas shopping done. We did. It is so cool to be done already. 2 weeks to go and now anything else we get is just bonus.

Unfortunately, a great weekend has to end with work. So here I am, sitting at my desk, writing a super long blog because of my lack of any extra time to do so this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment