Thursday, December 8, 2011

My special little guy

Today is my son's 6th Birthday.


He is super excited to finally be 6 and asked me to measure him against the wall. I went to get a measuring tape and he corrected me with "Just with your finger mom".

He stood as tall as he could against the wall and grabbed my hand and put it on his head. I told him to step away and he looked at it, smiled and said "I'm 6 years tall".

I love this kid. He is so funny and can make me laugh every day. Its hard for me to believe that 6 years ago, I had been sent away from the hospital to go get some breakfast while they waited for a room to clear so they could induce me. Who would have known all the things we would go through over the next 6 years with him.

He was born with a cleft palate. Not the lip like most people think when they hear that. He basically just didn't have the roof of his mouth. At 9 months he went through surgery to correct that and put the first set of tubes in his ears. Over the following 4 years we would travel back and forth to BC Children's Hospital in Vancouver for different tests and new tubes when the other ones came out.

About 1.5-2 years ago I was done with that treck and had our GP refer us to an ENT (aer, nose & throat doctor) here in Chilliwack.

Within the last week he just got his eigth set of tubes and is doing wonderfully in school. He is picking up on reading and aside from his IMMENSE love of video games, I couldn't be more proud of him.

He really is my special little guy

No comments:

Post a Comment